Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I need to buy a map update?
2. How often are new map updates released?
3. My map does not contain a road that I know exists. How can I report this?
4. Am I able to buy a European map for my North American car or vice versa?
5. How can I purchase a replacement map?
6. What if my manufacturer or model is not listed?
7. What is my part number and where can I find it?
8. How do I determine what navigation system my vehicle has?
9. What delivery options are available?
10. What are the shipping and handling charges?
11. How secure are my payment details?
12. How can I return a map that I have purchased?
13. How do I obtain technical advice about my navigation system?
14. How do I obtain technical advice about HERE maps?
1. Why do I need to buy a new map update?In your neighborhood and around the world, roads, streets and highways are constantly changing. HERE's regular updates include critical, fresh details about the road network. With a new map update you can know that you have the latest information available for your GPS navigation system, providing you with more-accurate routing and a more enjoyable navigation experience.
2. How often are new map updates released?Updates are regularly available. Register with us and we will notify you each time we release an update.
3. My map does not contain a road that I know exists. How can I report this?We make every effort to provide maps that are an accurate, up-to-date reflection of your world. Our teams of geographic analysts use highly advanced technology to continually collect and verify changes to thousands of the world's roads, providing the map on your device or system is fresh, accurate and highly detailed. If your navigation system map displays a discrepancy, please use our Map Creator to notify us.
4. Am I able to buy a North American map for my European car or vice versa?It depends on the manufacturer of your vehicle's system. We recommend that you contact us for assistance.
5. How can I purchase a replacement map?If you have lost or damaged your map, you need to purchase a replacement. The latest map version for your navigation system is available in our web store.
6. What if my manufacturer or model is not listed?If your manufacturer or model is not listed, we recommend that you contact your manufacturer, dealer or retailer directly.
7. What is my part number and where can I find it?The part number is printed on the DVD or CD. You will need to remove the CD or DVD from its drive (see your owners manual for help).
8. How do I determine what navigation system my vehicle has?In several instances, a vehicle may have 2 types of navigation systems installed based on when the vehicle was created. You may determine the type by referring to your owner's manual or by contacting your dealer. Let us suggest you contact us by phone or email so that we may help you.
9. What delivery options are available?All HERE maps are delivered by couriers with tracking services. We offer ground, 2-day and overnight service*. United States Ground shipping delivers also includes delivery to P.O. Boxes. Delivery is dependent on stock availability and receipt of payment or credit card authorization.
*Delivery time is based on business days and whether or not your order was received before 3 p.m. Central Standard Time.
10. What are the shipping and handling charges?Shipping and handling charges are calculated during the checkout process and are dependent upon your choice of delivery service.
11. How secure are my payment details?You can safely enter your entire credit card number via our secure server, which encrypts all information.
12. How can I return a map that I have purchased?For information on how to return a map, please review the terms and conditions of purchase.
13. How do I obtain technical advice about my navigation system?We suggest that you contact the manufacturer to obtain support advice on your navigation system.
14. How do I obtain technical advice about HERE maps?You can contact us by email to obtain support advice on your HERE map updates.
If you can't find the answer to your question, please contact us.