Section 1: Updating your Uconnect Software
The Uconnect Software must be updated prior to completing your map update. Vehicles with Uconnect 8.4A (RA3) or 8.4AN (RA4) will receive an over-the-air software update if it is not running the latest version of software.
NOTE: This is a software update, not the map update. Your vehicle may have already received this software update – you can confirm at the link below.
To update your software:
- If you see the screen below, please press ‘Update Now' to update your software
- If you do not see the screen below, go to this link to start the software update or check if it has been completed: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
Once you have confirmed that your Uconnect software is complete – proceed to Section 2
CANADA/MEXICO CUSTOMERSStep 1: Check for Software Update
Visit this website to check if your system needs a software update: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
- If an update is required, follow the instructions first, before purchasing your map update (instructions below).
- If you see this screen, you can proceed with purchasing a map update (you will not need to update your software):
Section 2: Purchasing Your Map Update:
Please follow the instructions below to determine which navigation system you have:
- While in your vehicle with the key, turn the ignition to the RUN/ON position. Turn the Uconnect touchscreen ON
- Open Settings Menu
- Select the Settings button
- Scroll down and select System Information option at the bottom of the list
- The current system information will then be displayed on the radio screen. It will be either VP3 or VP4:
- If you have a VP3 System, as shown in Option 1, click on the ‘View Product’ button below to purchase a map update
- If you have a VP4 System, as shown in Option 2, click on ‘View Product’ button below to purchase a map update