FCA - 2018 NORTH AMERICAN MAP FOR UCONNECT® 8.4A OR 8.4AN NAVIGATION SYSTEM (FIAT CHRYSLER - SALES CODES RA3 or RA4)
- A Uconnect Software Update must be performed before this map update can be purchased and installed. You will not be able to activate your map update, if this software is not installed.
- Please read below for further instructions to update your software.
If you do not have built-in Navigation on your Uconnect® 8.4A system (RA3 sales code), you should not purchase this map product. Uconnect® 8.4A systems that did not come with Navigation from the factory can activate it by clicking here, or visit your local FCA Dealership.
US CUSTOMERS ONLY: (Canada/Mexico customers, please scroll down to the appropriate instructions)
1a. Determine which Navigation Map is installed in your vehicle
- While in your vehicle with the key, turn the ignition to the RUN/ON position. Turn the Uconnect touchscreen ON.
- Open the Settings menu via one of two methods listed below (depending on your model):
i. Tap the ‘Apps’ icon on the bottom of the Uconnect touchscreen, then select ‘Settings’
ii. Press the ‘Settings’ button (icon with two gears)
- Scroll down and select System Information option at the bottom of the list.
- The current system information will then be displayed on the radio screen.
- Please look carefully at your Map Database. This will tell you which Navigation System you have. Please write this down and keep ready for when you are set to order.
1b. Update your Uconnect system with the latest software
US Market vehicles with the Uconnect® 8.4A (RA3) or 8.4AN (RA4) will receive an over-the-air software update if it is not running the latest version of software (see example image below).
If you see this screen, please accept the update before purchasing your Map Update.
If you do not see the above screen, please continue to the MEXICO/CANADA instructions below. You will be able to access the software update needed at that same link.
FAQ: Please Click Here
2. Selecting the right Navigation Map Update
- Open the Settings menu on your Uconnect touchscreen
- If you have a VP3 Navigation System, as shown in Option 1, please click on that image to purchase your map update.
- If you have a VP4 Navigation System, as shown in Option 2, please click on that image to purchase your map update.
For any question related to this purchase process, please call 1 (866) 462-8837.
Please follow these steps to purchase your map update:
1. Verification of Software Version
- To check if you need a software update, please visit this web site https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/.
- Enter your vehicle identification number (VIN) and the web site will determine if your vehicle needs a software update.
- If an update is required, please follow the instructions on the website.
- Before installing any map update the software update must be completed.
- If you do not need a software update, you will see the screen below, and can move forward with your map update purchase.
2. Determine which Navigation System is installed in your vehicle
If you DO know which Navigation System is installed, please skip to Step 3 – Selecting the right map update
If you DON’T know, please follow these simple steps:
- While in your vehicle, insert the key and turn the ignition to the RUN/ON position. Turn the Radio ON.
- Open the Settings screen – the location of this screen depends upon the particular Uconnect model - via one of two methods listed below:
i. Press the ‘Apps’ button and select the ‘Settings’ option OR
ii. Press the ‘Settings’ button
Scroll to page two of the Settings list by using the white down arrow.
Select the System Information option at the bottom of the list.
The current system information will then be displayed on the radio screen.
Please look carefully at your Map Database. This will tell you which navigation system you have.
3. Selecting the right map update
- If you have a VP3 Navigation System, please click on the Option 1 image to purchase your map update.
- If you have a VP4 Navigation System, please click on the Option 2 image to purchase your map update.